Litecoin games: does it still run in the family?
Before the wave called Ethereum overflew the cryptocoin community, Litecoin had kept the honorary position of second most popular cryptocurrency after Bitcoin. Still, let’s be honest ― the third place is not that bad for a cryptocoin that has been developed as Bitcoin Core’s fork.
Regardless of rankings, litecoins have gained a steady reputation of «digital silver». Just think of the images you can usually find in articles about Bitcoin: handfuls of sparkling gold coins with the stylized letter «B». By analogy with that, Litecoin materials often carry pictures with silver coins ornamented with letter «L».
With «silver» associations like these, it was but a step from Litecoin gambling. This industry started to develop with seven-league strides, similar to the «older brother» case. We would like to show you just a short list of Internet casinos that accept Litecoin:
The interest towards cryptocurrencies is increasing thanks to the ever-growing number of Litecoin casinos, as well as bonuses of every sort and kind for both new and experienced gamblers. So, we recommend you to learn about offers and special proposals of various portals before choosing the habitual place where you would spend and earn LTC. It will help you get even more satisfaction and fun from gambling! You will find the news about these casinos on our website, too, so be sure to stay tuned!
What is Litecoin? Does it even differ from the forerunner?
Litecoin is a cryptocurrency that is actually a fork of Bitcoin blockchain. This fork gained the acceptance of community thanks to Charlie Lee, the former Google employee, who published the open-source client on GitHub on 7 October 2011.
In spite of undoubted technical likeness, there are significant differences between Litecoin and Bitcoin.
- The transaction processing takes about 2,5 minutes, which is four times faster than the «big brother’s» average result.
- The algorithmic limit of LTC is 84 million coins, while the maximum amount of BTC is 21 million coins.
- Segregated Witness and Lightning Network has already been activated in the Litecoin system ― the community considers these technologies to be innovative.
- Litecoin is less liable to so-called «double spending».
- The Scrypt algorithm, which Litecoin uses, complicates the mining on GPUs, FPGA- and ASIC-devices. At the same time, it makes the whole thing easier to CPU users.
These very features make Litecoin a unique crypto asset in spite of misconceptions about its complete identity with Bitcoin.
This is a good place for an amusing fact: the smallest fraction of 1 BTC is called «satoshi» in honor of the network’s creator Satoshi Nakamoto. In case of the successor, it is likely that people had better things to do than inventing a name, so the one-millionth part of 1 LTC is called «litoshi».
Users can get litecoins and exchange them in the majority of popular cryptocurrency exchanges, including CoinBase and BTC-E. The cryptocurrency itself is growing with impressive rate: at the beginning of 2017, the Litecoin rate was about $4 for 1 LTC, but now, after half a year, you can get approximately $40 for one coin. So, if you still do not have a Litecoin wallet, it is high time to create it.
Litecoin-gambling: benefits and opportunities
Litecoin offers people impressive advantages when gambling at online casinos:
- Anonymous gambling with Litecoins. Your personal data is neither collected nor revealed ― money transfers require a unique wallet address only. Gambling portals do not require any private information or identity cards as well.
- Fast transactions. Traditional methods of money transferring make you wait many times longer ― with LTC, your means are moving almost instantly.
- «Provably fair» principle. Such casinos are notable for their fair games, which can be checked after every hand or spin.
- No transaction fees (or their insignificance). You can think of some better way to spend that money.
No deposit Litecoin casinos allow you to try out your skill and take chances in gambling before spending your money on entertainment online.
Apart from traditional gambling (poker, blackjack, roulette, slots) the following games are quite popular online:
- Litecoin Hi-Lo: player should guess whether the next card’s denomination is higher or lower comparing to the previous card.
- Ponzi Scheme: this game is for those who always wanted to be a part of financial pyramid but was too afraid to do that.
Besides Litecoin casinos, there are online bookmakers that allow totalizator lovers to wager the results of matches and competitions, using the cryptocurrency. Betcoin Sports, DirectBet ― these are two popular portals for sports betting. In addition, there are various lotteries that accept LTC in the global network, e.g. FortuneJack.
Litecoin faucets: a way to get free litecoins
If you do not like leaving your money to the mercy of fate, while the very word «roulette» rouses a wave of nausea, you should not give way to despair. Modern entertainment industry presents you a few ways to earn Litecoin without leaving your home.
One of these methods has been widely spread ― we are talking about so-called «faucets». The thing is that a site pays its visitors with a little amount of litoshi for their stay on website once in a certain period (for instance, 10000 each hour). Why does anybody hand out cryptocurrency? It is all about advertisements on such websites ― each site is basically paying their visitors small amounts for ad views.
Shrewd and resourceful people turn these faucets into full-fledged Litecoin games. The recipe is quite simple: it is often enough to paint a frog that jumps from one platform to another, collecting coins. A user is playing on his own accord, viewing the banners at the same time.
We wish you to earn your first free Litecoin as soon as possible!