How We Rate Crypto Casinos
No doubt online casino reviews play a major role in shaping players’ crypto gambling experience. A detailed and honest crypto casino review exposes everything you need to know about the gambling platform and helps you decide. That’s one of our goals at CoinGambling.
Every day, our team visits both established and new Bitcoin casinos, analyzes their offerings, and identifies the best ones. We have a list of criteria through which we rate crypto casinos and betting platforms on a 10-point scale. Only those that meet our threshold end up being listed on our website.
Due to the dynamic nature of the online gambling and cryptocurrency world, these crypto-gambling sites are subject to change. As a result, we keep an eye on both listed and unlisted cryptocurrency casino sites. We update our ranking and reviews of online casinos to reflect the changes that may have taken place.
This page explains our methods of rating online casino sites and the criteria we use.
Crypto Gambling Popularity and Prevalence
Bitcoin casinos and betting sites have grown in popularity in recent years, mainly because they offer a mix of transparency and anonymity. According to reports, the number of bets placed with cryptocurrencies increased more than twice between Q1 of 2021 and Q1 of 2022.
Crypto gamblers wagered over USD 2.9 million worth of cryptocurrencies in Q1 2021. This number surged by 116% to over USD 6.3m in Q1 2022. The volume of bets within the period also increased from 26% to 36%.
As mentioned, the enhanced privacy, anonymity, and speed of transactions that cryptocurrencies provide is one of the key drivers of the crypto gambling sector. The growth is also aided by the growing acceptance of cryptocurrencies among people in different countries.
Importance of Rating and Reviewing
At CoinGambling, our mission is to deliver 100% honest online gambling reviews to help you make the right gaming decisions. To achieve this, we developed an efficient casino rating system to identify the best platforms for safe and enjoyable crypto gambling.
This guide aims to offer transparency regarding our approach to ranking the best crypto casinos. We want you to understand our process thoroughly and be confident in the accuracy of the information we provide. With our online gambling site reviews, you know what to expect before registering or depositing on any platform.
Our experts critically examine various factors in reviewing the best Bitcoin casinos. While some factors are key, some others are considered a bonus in our casino ratings. Below, we explain the most significant criteria that affect ranking.
- Website: The first thing our analysts check is how well the website works. We consider the user experience, mobile compatibility, loading speed, website languages, ease of registration, and text readability on the site. All these help us to evaluate how good the website is for gambling.
- Games and Software: Our next step is to delve into the games lobby of the Bitcoin online casino. We check for the number of providers powering the collection and if the site has games from key developers. We also consider the variety of games and additional betting options available on the site.
- Bonus Offers: As dedicated casino players ourselves, we understand how gamers love Bitcoin casino bonuses. Our team looks out for no-deposit Bitcoin casino bonuses, welcome offers, high-roller promos, VIP/loyalty rewards, and others. Our ranking is also affected by the ease of claiming bonuses, wagering requirements, and how good the bonus is compared to competitors.
- Payments: The team also examines the payment system of the crypto casinos. Those that make it to our recommended online casino list accept cryptocurrencies and offer instant payments. We also look at the alternative payment methods offered, transaction fees, and payment limits.
- Support: Even if we don’t have issues while using the casinos, we make sure to test the customer support service. We consider the number of contact channels available and how effective they are. The availability of a comprehensive FAQ and the working time of the support departments also affect the casino's rank.
Over time, our experience has taught us that recognizing a casino’s excellent features is different from confidently recommending and vouching for it. As a result, we have additional assessment criteria to calculate a final, most objective rating. Below are the special factors we consider in addition to the key criteria.
- Generosity of Bonuses: Apart from the presence of bonuses, we also look at the generosity of each casino. These include the availability of a free crypto sign-up bonus, how big their bonus deals are, the validity period, and the convenience of the wagering requirement.
- Withdrawal Speed: It’s exciting when you can gain access to your winnings within seconds after playing the games. The withdrawal speed at each casino greatly affects the ranking.
- Feedback From Others: Our analysts also consider the ranking on other reputable casino review sites and comments of players on forums. The casino’s reputation among other players and our competitors also affects the rating here.
- Partnerships: The casino’s association with other parties in the industry also gives us a hint of its reputation. We consider its affiliate programs, sponsorships, deals with other gambling companies, etc.
- Security, Safety, and Transparency: Before we recommend any site, we always ensure it is safe for gambling. The casino must be operated by a reputable brand with a valid casino license. It must also provide responsible gambling support for players.
Our final ranking process is based on a structured methodology. Each evaluation criterion carries a specific weight, which is expressed in percentage. We score each casino based on their performance under each factor and an overall score is calculated by summing them up. This helps us come up with final ratings and list the top Bitcoin casinos. The following sections discuss the weight of each factor accordingly.
The software and games lobby contributes 20% to our overall rating of each gambling site. We consider every aspect of the games and software necessary.
Our team also checks the average RTP of games in the lobby and there’s a penalty for casinos with lower RTP settings. Similarly, those with fake software providers are penalized in our ratings.
Additionally, we take into account the preferences of different kinds of players. As a result, the variety of games and betting options at casinos is a vital aspect of our reviews.
The availability of sports betting markets, esports, and provably fair games also add to the scores. Finally, the filter and search options in the games lobby are also considered.
We maintain affiliate partnerships with many of the casinos listed here, so this gives us a better understanding of their platforms. Our affiliate partnership does not just only benefits us, but our readers as well. You get additional perks such as bigger welcome bonuses, increased payout speed, and other exclusive offers.
It’s important to emphasize that our affiliate partnership does not affect the ranking of casinos. We’re committed to providing you with unbiased information and nothing changes that. Nevertheless, a casino’s good relationship with affiliates is a sign of its honesty and trustworthiness. After all, what is the point of promoting a brand with the maximum rating if it is good for players but deceives its partners?
Furthermore, we assess each casino’s openness to publicity, expressed in their sponsorship of gambling industry conferences. The opportunity of meeting at these conferences fosters cooperation and increases our trust.
If you’ve been on gaming sites with intrusive pop-ups and notifications, you know how important it is for a casino site to have a smooth design. That’s why the usability of casino websites contributes 15% to our overall score.
Key factors that affect the weight are its mobile compatibility, loading speed, user experience, and text readability. After these, we also look at the available languages, registration and verification process, and the option of a downloadable app.
Another section of crypto casinos that makes up 15% of our rating is the cashier. The main points we look at are crypto acceptance, payment methods, transaction limits, withdrawal time, and transaction fees.
Although gaming can be enjoyable on its own, bonuses no doubt make our experience more exciting. Since every player wants that thrilling experience at casinos, we allocate a 10% score for bonuses and promos.
We check for the availability of essential bonuses like no deposits, welcome match rewards, high roller deals, and loyalty rewards. After that, we look at the additional offers provided and the ease of claiming the deals.
Importantly, the bonus terms and conditions play a major role. We assess the wagering requirement of the welcome bonus and other deals. Our team also checks for transparency in the casino terms and deducts points for hidden or ambiguous terms.
The casino’s customer service department makes up 5% of the overall score. Key factors that influence the rating include the availability of multiple languages, the contact channels, and the FAQ page. For local casino reviews, the presence of native language support adds to the points.
We consider reviews and rankings from at least 4 reputable competitor sites and this makes up 80% of the total points in this section. The comments from players on forums make up the remaining 20%.
Various other factors like duration of operation, licenses, responsible gambling tools and certificates, RNG seals, and KYC process are also scored. We also look out for unique technologies used and if the casino allows the use of a VPN. All together, these other factors contribute 10% to our overall rating.
Our structured rating system helps us to feature a variety of top Bitcoin casino sites from all around the world. We have various lists of casino sites that cater to different countries and players with unique preferences. All of them have been critically examined and rated with our system.
Our guides also provide you with insights into the best bonuses, games, and deals for players. Feel free to explore our reviews and lists of top-rated crypto casinos right away. Make sure you read them carefully and confirm the facts on the gambling sites.
In all, do not forget that gambling must be done responsibly always. Play only during free periods and with funds you can afford to lose. We wish you the best of luck in your gambling adventure.