If you think of the dark web’s black markets first when hearing about cryptocurrencies like Monero or Zcash, your view is a bit out-of-date. Even the famous Forbes magazine has published a news about 45 musicians whose songs will be on sale for XMR during the upcoming holiday season. And no, we are not talking about some no name enthusiasts writing music in FL Studio; the list includes such famous artists and bands as Morrissey, Marilyn Manson, Mariah Carey, Slayer, and others.
As you can see, a cryptocurrency doesn’t have to be Bitcoin anymore in order to attract mainstream attention. Seems like it might be the natural process of adoption, with each year seeing more and more people taking for granted the option to pay for a product or service with Monero.
As altcoins are piling up some decent market capitalization, measured in hundreds of millions or even billions, more stores, institutions, and web resources try to get a closer look at them. In case of XMR, this index is $4.3 bn. Are you still surprised that several artists are going to sell their music for this virtual currency?
The gambling industry has become interested in this cryptocoin relatively recently. It is somewhat puzzling, as the altcoin has a range of significant privacy-related benefits. Anyways, there are a few Monero casinos to make a good choice.
Search engines have helped to make a list of reliable gambling resources where you can spend your XMR. Or increase them, if you get lucky. Here they are:
- 1xBit website, for instance, allows you placing bets on a multitude of sporting events in such sports as football, horseracing, rugby, chess, and others. E-sports are available, too: users can bet on CS: GO, Dota 2, Hearthstone, League of Legends and Overwatch.
- LuckyGames.io stands out because it allows gambling for XMR in such games as “balls”, “cells”, and “hacker”. Do you want to rest form the traditional casino games? Welcome to Lucky Games then. Speaking about other advantages, it has a very good attendance (in case you like chatting) and Provably Fair algorithm. There is also a crypto-faucet, but it’s available only to VIP users and moderators.
- As for FortuneJack, it has become one of the leading online casinos in the cryptocurrency gambling industry. Versatile games, nice reputation, convenient website ― FJ always helps to have a good time.
- ARE THERE ANY MONERO FAUCETS?
You bet! Even some casinos give players small amounts of XMR. However, it is better to put them by on special websites. Here are some popular ones:
We have not checked how stable their payments are, but you can do in on your own. Write about the result in the comments ― other people would be very grateful.
- WHY MONERO?
Many crypto-anarchists believe Monero to be a decent alternative to Bitcoin due to the increased anonymity level. The difference of BTC lies in the ability to trace transactions, see their amounts, and check the address’ balance. These peculiarities might become problematic, taking into account that some funds might have a dirty past because of the darknet markets and so on. Monero ensures additional privacy thanks to:
- Ring signatures that hide senders among other transactions
- Separate private keys for viewing and spending of funds
- Confidential transactions technology (RingCT) that hides the amount of transfer
Edward Snowden called this virtual currency an “amateur crypto” and “great project” at the same time. He also pointed at the possibility of mistakes, which might have “huge consequences” for people like him. Meanwhile, the developers are testing the multisignature feature, Ledger (a hardware wallet provider) has announced the Monero support, and the XMR price have recently soared above $300 for the first time in its history. Add to this the mentioned news about musicians and it will be clear that the amateur project is steadily developing instead of standing idle, with mistakes being corrected.
Here are some benefits of Monero in online gambling:
1. Anonymous. Thanks to its features, the cryptocoin wins the “privacy” contest hands down, comparing to other coins that are popular among gamblers.
2. Transaction speed. Miners add new blocks approximately once per 2 minutes, which makes XMR one of the fastest ways to confirm deposits and withdraw money.
3. Internationally. It doesn’t matter where you live, because you still have access to Monero for your needs, including gambling.
Can’t wait to try this virtual currency out? It’s not difficult.
- HOW TO GAMBLE WITH MONERO
Monero gambling does not have many differences from Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. First and foremost, you need to have a wallet account for this cryptocoin ― you would be able to make a direct deposit to an XMR-casino account. A transaction typically takes several minutes (about 4), but the deposit speed may also depend on the resource you are going to send money to.
Want to get XMR? The official website of the cryptocurrency lists some exchanges that take fiat money (dollars, euros, rubles, and so on) in return for digital funds. Also, there is some information about Monero mining.
As soon as you have first coins on your wallet account, the doors to Monero casinos are open. Good luck!