In this guide, we will explore details about the Skrill payment method. We’ll start with an overview of the banking processor and show you the benefits of using it at online casinos. You will also learn how to make use of Skrill at gambling sites that accept the method.
Follow us as we guide you through instant payments with Skrill at casinos.
What is Skrill?
Skrill is a digital payment wallet that allows users to transfer, receive, and store funds. All you need to make payments with Skrill is your email address and password. You can deposit and withdraw funds on several online platforms, including gambling sites.
The e-wallet is used by over 40 million people across 100+ countries. It supports more than 40 fiat currencies and over 40 cryptocurrencies. In addition to Skrill e-wallet services, it also offers a prepaid MasterCard that can be used for payments at various websites.
Making payments or receiving money in your Skrill wallet does not attract transaction fees. However, there may be charges for uploading money to or withdrawing money out of your wallet.
The charges vary, depending on your payment method, country, and currency. If there’s a need for currency conversion, there may also be an additional fee. You will always see the charges when you’re about to make the transactions.
Skrill operates via its website and mobile app, which is available for free on Android and iOS devices. Creating a Skrill account takes only a few seconds, and we will explain further in this guide.
A Brief History of Skrill
Established in July 2001, Skrill was originally named Moneybookers. It was founded in the United Kingdom by Daniel Klein and Benjamin Kullmannhich and was the first company to receive an electronic money license from the Financial Services Authority. In its first year, it registered over 2 million users.
The company was acquired by Investcorp in March 2007 after which it grew to become one of the top online payment solutions in Europe. In 2011, Moneybookers announced that it would undergo a rebranding to Skrill, which was completed in 2013.
After its rebranding, Skrill Group acquired Austrian prepaid service, Paysafe Card, in the same year. In August of that year, Investcorp agreed to sell Skrill Group to CVC Capital for EUR 600 million. Fast forward to 2015, Optimal Payments (parent company of rival firm, Neteller) acquired Skrill. During the acquisition period, Skrill Group also announced its purchase of Ukash.
Towards the end of 2015, Optimal Payments rebranded as Paysafe. Since then, Skrill has been a brand under the Paysafe Group. It has continued to expand its services since 2015, adding international transfers and crypto trading in 2018. The company also launched a loyalty program to reward its regular users.
Skrill has won many awards over the years. The most recent one was the award for the “Best Digital Wallet” at the 2023 Digital Banker’s Global Payments Innovation Awards. It has also partnered with many organizations over the years. In 2020, it announced a 4-year partnership deal with Seria A football Club, AC Milan. The company is authorized by the United Kingdom Financial Conduct Authority.
Quick facts about Skrill:
- Established: 2001
- Founders: Daniel Klein and Benjamin Kullmannhich
- Parent Company: Paysafe Group
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
- Supported countries: 100+
- Supported currencies: 40+ fiat currencies, 40+ cryptocurrencies
Benefits of Using Skrill at Gambling Sites
Except for cards like Visa and Mastercards, Skrill is the most common banking method at online casinos. The following advantages are why Skrill is so popular at casino sites:
- Top-notch security and enhanced privacy: Skrill uses high-level security techniques to safeguard your submitted details and stored funds. Furthermore, the e-wallet saves you from having to input your bank details directly at gambling sites and other online platforms. Additionally, it offers you a safe space to keep your gambling funds separate from your regular finances.
- Fast transactions: With e-wallets like Skrill, you can enjoy nearly instant transactions. Deposits arrive in your gambling account within a few seconds. Withdrawals also arrive quickly but may be delayed by the casino.
- Global acceptance: The e-wallet is available in over 100 countries, meaning players from different jurisdictions can use it for payments. It also supports more than 40 cryptocurrencies and cryptos, so you’ll find one that works well for you. The only more widely accepted payment method than Skrill is debit/credit cards.
- Ease of use: It’s very easy to make payments with Skrill at online casinos. With just a few taps, you can deposit and receive your winnings.
- No fees for casino deposits or withdrawals: Skrill will not charge you any amount when you deposit or withdraw from your online casino. The transactions are completely free.
Downsides of Using Skrill at Online Casinos
Unfortunately, users may face some drawbacks at online casinos that take Skrill payments. Here are some you need to consider:
- Not available in a few countries: Despite its wide coverage, some jurisdictions still cannot use Skrill. This makes it impossible for such players to use deposit if the site supports only Skrill.
- Fees to fund and withdraw from your Skrill wallet: Although there may be no charges when you pay at gambling sites that use Skrill, there are fees to add money to the wallet and withdraw. These fees range from 0.5% to 7.5%, depending on your funding/withdrawal method and country.
- Not enough supported currencies: There are over 100 currencies that are not supported by Skrill. Users may have to pay additional conversion fees to use Skrill for payments.
- Bonus limitations: For some reasons (which we’ll explain later in this guide), some casinos do not allow users to claim bonuses with Skrill deposits. This can be a big blow to players. Nevertheless, there are a few that do not put up this restriction.
How to Use Skrill at Casino Sites
You must first register a Skrill account to use the e-wallet at casino sites or other online platforms. An account can be created on the website or the mobile app.
After creating a Skrill account, you must then fund the wallet. Funding your wallet can be done through cards, online banking methods, other e-wallets, or wire transfers. The funding methods vary with countries. Once your Skrill wallet is funded, you can then proceed to the casino site.
Deposits at Skrill Casinos
Adding funds to your casino account with Skrill is pretty easy. You can get it done through the following steps:
- Sign up at a casino that accepts Skrill
- Visit the cashier or deposit page in your gambling account
- Select Skrill as your chosen deposit method
- Enter your deposit amount and log in to Skrill
- Complete the transaction and your casino account will be credited instantly
Withdrawals at Skrill Casinos
Cashing out is also as easy as depositing. Skrill withdrawal time is also usually instant but may be delayed by the casino.
Here are the steps to withdraw:
- Log in to your casino account
- Navigate to the withdrawal section
- Select Skrill as your preferred method
- Enter your withdrawal amount
- Confirm the transaction
Games at the Best Skrill Online Casinos
After funding your casino account, the natural thing is to start playing your favorite games with real money. Fortunately, the best casino sites that accept Skrill are loaded with thousands of games, across different categories. You’ll never get tired of playing at such gambling sites.
Here are the popular types of games to expect at gambling sites that accept Skrill:
- Slots: Popular gaming sites feature a vast selection of slots on their platform. From classic slots to 3D video slots, megaways, and jackpots, there’s so much to enjoy. These slots come with different themes and topics, so every player will find something that interests them.
- Table games: Players looking for games where they can apply some skills will find numerous table games. Top Skrill casinos feature classics like blackjack, poker, baccarat, roulette, sic bo, and craps. These games are usually available in more than one variant.
- Video poker: You can enjoy a mix of poker and slot gaming through video poker at Skrill gambling sites as well. Popular examples are Bonus Poker, Jacks or Better, and Deuces Wild.
- Instant wins: You’ll also find a variety of fast games with instant results at top Skrill casinos. They come in the form of scratch cards, video bingo, video lotteries, and Slingo.
- Live casinos: All the popular table games can also be enjoyed in real time with human dealers at top Skrill iGaming sites. Gameshows such as Dream Catcher, Monopoly Live, and Deal or No Deal are available as well.
- Other categories: If you ever want to try something different from the main types of gambling games, you can check for games like arcades and virtual sports. At crypto casinos with Skrill, you’ll also find provably fair titles like Crash Games, Plinko, and Mines.
Bonuses & Promotions Offered at Skrill iGaming Sites
As previously noted, there might be restrictions at some gambling sites when it comes to claiming casino bonuses with Skrill. Despite that, you’ll still find a couple of top casinos without these restrictions.
As long as the casino does not ban the use of Skrill for bonuses, then there’s no limit to the kind of offer you can claim. These include welcome bonuses, no deposits, reload offers, referral commissions, cashback, free spins, high roller rewards, and VIP/loyalty bonuses.
Why Some Casinos Prohibit the Use of Skrill for Claiming Deposit Bonuses
The ease of use and speed of e-wallets like Skrill makes it easy for players to abuse bonuses. Since one could use multiple e-wallet accounts without verification, some players exploited this in the past and claimed bonuses multiple times.
Furthermore, it takes more time and effort for casinos to verify users’ data with e-wallets since they’re not directly connected to bank accounts. Some players have used this loophole in the past to take unfair advantage of casino bonuses. As a result, some gambling sites exclude methods like Skrill and Neteller for deposit bonuses. However, you may be able to claim other bonuses that do not require deposits.
How to Choose a Suitable Gambling Site that Accepts Skrill
Finding online casinos that take Skrill isn’t difficult as they’re widely available on the internet. What may be difficult is finding the best one for yourself. You’ll need to consider several factors to pick one that will suit your gaming style and needs.
Start by checking the security and license status of the casino. Only consider playing there if the casino uses a valid gambling license and valid SSL certificate. After that, you must check the casino’s collection of games, selection of bonuses, customer support, mobile compatibility, and other payment methods.
As players ourselves, our team understands what gamers seek at online casinos. Hence, we have identified mobile-friendly Skrill casinos that feature large game libraries plus outstanding bonus programs. These sites were also found to offer excellent customer service and numerous payment methods. Our analysts have picked the best of these Skrill casinos and featured them on our site, so you can easily find a good one for yourself.
Mobile Gaming at Skrill Casinos
Almost all modern online gambling sites are mobile-friendly and those that accept Skrill aren’t different. You’ll find hundreds of Skrill iGaming platforms that work perfectly on mobile devices. You can access the sites whether you have an Android, iOS, or Windows device. The only requirements are a stable internet connection and a good mobile browser.
Some Skrill iGaming websites also offer a downloadable mobile app. These mobile apps are usually compatible with Android and iOS devices. Depending on your location, you may find the apps on the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
The process of making payments with Skrill does not charge, regardless of the device. Even if you use an app, it still works the same way. Skrill payments are always fast, easy to complete, and safe.
Best Skrill Alternatives at Casino Sites
Once you start to use Skrill for gambling online, it could be difficult to stop because of the numerous advantages. However, the disadvantages we’ve listed here are also valid reasons you may feel like trying alternatives. Fortunately, there are many cool Skrill alternatives available on gambling websites.
Here are other payment methods you can use:
- Neteller: Perhaps, you feel like trying another e-wallet that will offer you similar services as Skrill, Neteller is a good option. Although it’s not available in as many countries as Skrill, it’s a great choice for instant deposits and withdrawals.
- Zimpler: If you prefer to transfer money from your bank account, Zimpler is a great way to do so without linking it to the casino. Zimpler is very easy to use and doesn’t require you to download an app. It also enhances speedy payments.
- Debit/credit cards: Even if all other methods aren’t accepted at your casino, you’ll most likely find cards like Visa and Mastercard. These cards are available in various currencies and in many countries. The downside with cards is their slow withdrawal time.
- Cryptocurrencies: Cryptocurrencies can be a great choice for those who love the privacy and speed it comes with. Crypto wallets can also serve as e-wallets to store your gambling funds. They’re the fastest casino payment method online.
When it comes to e-wallet payments at gambling websites, Skrill is king. It is widely accepted by online casinos in various jurisdictions and available in numerous countries. Skrill supports 40+ currencies and allows for quick conversion of non-supported currencies. Furthermore, you can make payments and store funds in over 40 cryptocurrencies.
Another thing that makes players absolutely love Skrill is the speed of payments. Top Skrill casinos ensure you receive your winnings almost instantly after you request. The best part? Most Skrill gambling websites will not charge you any fee to deposit or withdraw.
However, the charges for adding funds and withdrawing from your Skrill wallet can be a huge turn-off. Additionally, you may have to pay extra fees for conversion if it doesn’t support your local currency. Worse still, you may be unable to claim bonuses with Skrill at some gambling websites.
Nevertheless, Skrill remains one of the best options for making payments at online casinos. Feel free to scroll through our list of Skrill casinos and pick one that suits your taste. Remember to play safely at all times. Good luck!